Welcome to the
The Transfer Counseling Center is pleased to announce the launching of the new Transfer Academy! The Transfer Academy is designed to provide specialized services to students interested in transferring to a University of California (UC), an out-of-state or private school.
As an Academy member, students can expect to receive the following services:
- Priority for individual counseling appointments (same day or advanced appointments)
- Comprehensive Student Education Plan prepared by a trained Transfer Academy Counselor
- Evaluation of courses completed at other colleges
- Semester-by-semester feedback on transfer progress
- Assistance with the Transfer Admission Planner (TAP)
- Assistance with the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
- Assistance with the UC admission application or the Common Application
- Workshops on Writing Good Personal Insight Responses
- “Lunch and Learn” Workshops
- Online “chat”
- Mobile counseling in Quad Area and at the Chico Center
- IGETC certification
- Transfer information updates and event announcements
- Access to Transfer Academy “alumni” already attending a UC
Requirements for Participation in the Transfer Academy
In order to participate in the Transfer Academy, students must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8, and maintain that GPA throughout their participation in the Academy.
- Enroll in English and Math every semester until transfer levels are met.
- Complete a Comprehensive Student Education plan with a Transfer Academy Counselor.
- Attend two counseling appointments or one appointment and one additional Academy activity per semester.
- Submit official transcripts from all others colleges or universities attended.
How to Apply
- Contact Transfer Counseling to Schedule an appointment.
- Complete Transfer Academy application online or in person.
Transfer Counseling Center SAS, room 258(530) 895-2264