Q. WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT FROM THE ASSESSMENT?
- The BSA measures your skills in reading, English and math.
- It is an un-timed, computerized assessment and is composed of multiple-choice questions.
- Your results will be used with other information from your academic history to establish placement levels and course eligibility in reading, English and math. You can receive a profile of your BSA results through the MyBC Portal, Assessment Office, a Butte College counselor, Chico Center or Glenn County Center.
Q. HOW CAN I COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT?
- The BSA is administered throughout the year at various times and locations.
- There is no charge for the assessment.
- See the current Test Schedule for days, times and locations (these dates do not reflect test accommodations).
Q. HOW CAN YOU BEST PREPARE FOR THE BSA?
Q. CAN I RETEST ON THE BSA?
- Yes, each assessment test may be retaken one time. After that, you must complete a class in that subject area before being allowed to take the assessment for a third time. Exceptions will be considered for students with extenuating circumstances. Be sure to use the study guides to review before retesting.